The Tiger's Eye: Short post of explaination

26 October 2006

Short post of explaination

no blogging lately due to vacation preceeded by hard drive crash on the home machine (Im posting this at work after hours). Hopefully I will be back online by the weekend.

(UPDATE)
The old hard drive is apparently toast. That funny "Whing, Whing, Whing" sound was the drive arm not connecting to the disc. Some of the info might still be salvagable but it doesnt look promising. The back up 40G drive is apparently workable but the computer doesnt seem to want to find it when I boot it up so its back to work with the damm box and let the IT boffins work it over. Hopefully I will be up by Tuesday.

(UPDATE the Second)
Well I got the back up Hard Drive installed and is now recognized as a valid Drive (loose wires can really screw with your head) but now I have a bunch of error messages due to missing system drivers. Apparently my drive was not compatable with the Dell P3 that I installed it into. I am thinking that those deals at the computer store are starting to look really good.
In the meantime I am still posting this at work in off hours.

Oh and by the way, WHAT THE HELL WAS SENATOR KERRY THINKING?!?