The Tiger's Eye: A prediction...

17 February 2009

A prediction...

Alexander the Great was supposed to have said, " I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

With the changes to our leadership I predict that by the end of this year; no matter how many troopers we "surge" there, the war in Afghanistan will be declared by our press as "Hopeless, a quagmire, a defeat" and other such terms. They will couch their words in flowery phrases as how "they support the troops but its not OUR war to fight" and will renew the call to "bring our boys and girls home". There will be a renewed painting of our military as evil or as victims, certainly not as heroes and brave men and women.
This will embolden our enemies around the world and by this time next year we will see a resurgence of militant Islam in Iraq, Pakistan will be ready to topple and Israel will be ready to attack Iran if not having done so already.

I hope I am wrong.