The Tiger's Eye: Day the second

19 November 2005

Day the second

Ok, I'm new to this but I'm attempting to stretch my ossified mind around it.
Like most in my profession, an abundance of humility is not a vice I claim.
There is an old joke about architects who's punchline is something like, "No. But if you give me 2 weeks I can learn it." Sometimes I think while we need a bit of arrogance to do our jobs we lay it on a bit thick.
However, I did learn how to add a link to the page.

Please visit Michael Yon's page. He writes eloquently about real heroes.
I cannot say anything that remotely approaches what we owe these guys.
Read their story, shed a tear, pass on a prayer for those who did not come home and their families, but please read their story.
With all that has been going on over the last few years, we should remember:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

I guess blogger etiquette demands a few things like rules and intentions to be added somewhere about here:
(obviously I'll be editing this as I figure this out)
Intention:
As the Heading says, it is one man's view of the world as seen from a Midwestern American viewpoint. I intend it to be somewhat freewheeling. My mind has a tendency to bounce around when pondering issues so it may be possible to have a post about politics veer into a sports analogy and a family story with a spicing of Catholic theology before eventually winding back on-topic.

Like all Blogs,
ON THIS PAGE I AM A DICTATOR
My word is law so if you don't like what I say, you are welcome to comment and as long as they are cogent, respectful of other's opinions and on topic then I will allow pretty much anything to be said. If you become belligerent, offensive or obscene (Remember its my world here) I will ban you.
Remember, like Zeus, I can reach to the heavens and pull down thunderbolts to strike mortals, so be nice and maybe we can all get along.