The Tiger's Eye: The "no-name" post

03 November 2007

The "no-name" post

I believe it was P.J. O’Rourke who said, “The quintessential American Freedom is to be stupid in public”.
The problem with Freedom of Speech is that in order to get an, “I have a Dream speech” from Martin Luther King Jr. you have to get something as craptacular as this - http://adamholland.blogspot.com/2007/11/oregon-peace-group-to-mark.html
Only in a place as “lala-lefty” as Oregon could something this warped be considered a good idea.
Just because you CAN say something does not mean that it is right or good to do so.
(I considered cutting and pasting the text here but then again you can click the link about as easily as I can)

Special thanks to Random Nuclear Strikes - http://www.softgreenglow.com/wp/ for cluing me to that one.

As of late, I’ve been pondering giving up this blogging thing or perhaps warping it to something different. So much of what constitutes “conversation” in the blogging world is akin to being in a cocktail party with a bunch of outspoken drunks who all shout but nobody listens. That isn’t to say that there isn’t some intelligent conversation out there but man is there a lot of Ausscheidung out there (as our German friends would phrase it).

Rob, don’t worry, as the link above would indicate, I doubt that I will give up being grumpy and curmudgeonly about politics just yet. As long as our particular party continues to bumble about while in power and our opposite number continues to serve up such idiocy there is no chance of that happening, as evidenced below.

















Oh, one more thing, I can now say that among the funniest thing I have ever witnessed is listening to one drunken brother attempt to "witness" to the other drunken brother around a campfire at 2 am. When you cannot complete a coherent sentence, you should leave attempting to convert the heathens to the sober. I decided to go home and sleep.